Saturn L300 transmission problem

My L300 makes a severe clunking noise when driven or even when pushed in neutral. Trany fluid all over bottom of car. Is there any chance of a GM extended warranty for trany problems? Could this be a drive shaft problem, not a trany problem?

Reply to
jimkestner

Transmission problems get big fast if you drive it without enough ATF. With the L series transmissions, they never bothered with a dipstick so there is no easy way to find the fluid level (short of putting the car on a lift and removing inspection plug).

If it were just the clunks, I'd say it was a motor mount. With Fluid on the ground, take it to a good transmission shop for an opinion. Maybe you get lucky and it is a leaking oil cooler line or external seal.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Oppie