O T Air Compressor

My 20 year old sears air compressor is about shot. I think its the electric motor.Most of the new compressors are oil Les.Sears,Home Depo Lowes,Northern.I went to Harbor Freight They have some on sale you can put oil in them.Does any body have a compressor from Harbor Freight or the new oil less type and what do you think of them. Thank You

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

I've got a 60 gallon HF compressor (US General), they're made by ABAC/American IMC

in Rock Hill, SC. Had it for 2 years and no problems... it keeps up with my bead blasting cabinet. I think they make compressors under several different names, I know mine looks identical to the one they sell in Lowes, just with a different label. Turn an oil-less one and you'll notice that it's A LOT louder.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Bought my 60gal 7hp 220v Husky unit from Home Depot - made by Campbell Hausfield but carries a 3yr warranty unlike many others. It's oiled - much quieter, longer life.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Stay away from the oil less compressors. They are very noisy and will not last hardly anytime. If you will be using it very much you probably need to go with a 2 stage, at least 5 hp and a 80 gallon tank. By very much I mean like using a DA sander or more than 1 person using the air at the same time. Plan on spending at least $500.00 and probably closer to $1000.00. buy more than you think you need and maybe you will not outgrow it in the first year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 501 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
blacklarkviii

I bought a Quincy 5HP two stage with a 90 gallon tank. It was in constant daily service for 9 years running our pad transfer machine, then I used it on the Hawk and the ragtop. I also purchased an intake "muffler". You can carry on a normal conversation while it is running. No matter what compressor you buy, get an automatic drainer. You set it for length of drainage, and drainage interval. You never have a build up of water with one of them. I still use it occasionally to buff and it really performs flawlessly.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Glass

I paid $650 Cdn for my Husky from Home Depot...

Brooksie

"blacklarkviii carolina.rr.com>" Stay away from the oil less compressors. They are very noisy and will not

Brooksie