1995 Legacy worht fixing

I have a 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon, 210,000 miles. Recently driving driving down the highway it just lost power, had to pull over, then it stalled. Started it back up and the AT OIL TEMP light flashed a couple of times then went out, it began ideling between 500 and 1000 RPM. I had to pump the gas to keep it going, it had very little power. Was able to drive it home, but under little power.

The book says AT OIL TEMP light indicates AT OIL too hot, or automatic transmission control system not working properly.

Has anyone had this happen to their Subaru, what would cause this?

Thanks,

tom

Reply to
JUDDSON1