2001 Outback Dyno Readings

After being disappointed by the wife's 03 dyno readings (see previous posting), I decided to ask my friend to allow me to take the readings in his 01.

The results: Max HP 148 @ 5700 rpm Max torque 136 ft-lb @ 3100 rpm

Reply to
AS

Yep...NOWHERE close to the 250-300BHP people have been bragging about :) The dyno speaks the truth, most Sooby owners are telling stories.

Reply to
Eric Cartman

Sounds pretty close. Which engine is it ? A WRX has 227 crank hp but will dyno 165-175 at the wheels.

Reply to
Mike

Were they bragging about MY01's or MY05's?

Reply to
CompUser

My '01 Outback was advertised as 165HP, so I don't see the dyno test all that disappointing.

Reply to
B A R R Y

At the crank... so 130ish at the wheels is normal.

Reply to
Dmitriy

Where did you pull that 250-300 *IN AN OUTBACK* figure out of?

Reply to
nobody >