Saxo VTS Fault Code Readings - Meaning?

I took my Saxo VTS to a garage to have the fault codes read out as my car had been stalling/not starting and running rough intermitantly. The computer gave two faults they were roughly as follows.

Intermittant Mixture adjustment high limit Intermittant Mixture Fault......

The bloke at the garage said it probably down to a fuel pump/filter fault or water in the fuel which is fair enough and im gonna check this. I asked if the lambda sensor could be the cause as its meant to measure the oxygen content in the exhaust fumes and alter the fuel/air ratio to maintain a certain oxygen content. My thinking is if the sensor is giving a wrong reading then the fuel/air ratio if changed to sompensate could cause problems like im seeing.

The reason i question this is because the Lambda sensors are known for causing similar faults on saxos.

Reply to
Rob Kirk

That looks more like a fault detected by the lamda sensor. & suspiciously like an air leak

Reply to
Duncan Wood

One of the two pipes which go into a white plastic device mounted on the petrol tank had a hole worn in it which i have just sorted out. Could this have been the problem?

Reply to
Rob Kirk

Yes. See my previous post to your thread.

Clear the codes, drive the car, and re check.

Attacking the O2 sensor may be the symptom not the fault.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Thanks Tim, I have repaired the faulty pipe and so far the car is running fine. Done

2x30 mile trips today with no problems at all. Fingers Crossed

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Kirk