Forester

I am considering changing my Isuzu Trooper for a Forester, I have not decided whether it will be a new one or a late model second hand (it will probably depend on the best deal I can make)

I have two issues, one is that I have heard that servicing for Subaru's is expensive and the other is the frameless door windows. Are the windows satisfactory or are they an invitation to thieves?

I live in the North East of England and would appreciate any comments.

Dex

Reply to
derek brown

My Isuzu was $$$ to service, fortunately only required normal service for 110k miles. My outback has only required the 30k service nd it was reasonable. Spark plugs are a nuisance unlike the Trooper. I dont know about thieves in England but since the sheep there are unarmed the criminals problably think nothing of commiting mayhem. In the US Subarus are not high on the stolen list.

Reply to
jabario

I don't think the frameless windows are an issue. I used to regularly leave my keys in the car and the door locks would latch shut. The Auto Assn always had problems with their slim-jim tool opening the door (now I carry a spare in my wallet....too soon we grow old and too late schmart!)

Reply to
Mac Townsend