Need feedback ASAP on a '96 Outback/Legacy with 86K

I'm thinking about buying a clean '96 Outback/Legacy with 86K

I like what these cars offer but I've never owned one. What should I look out for? Is this a price? What will my annual maintenence be? Should I just hold off until I have a enough to pay another $2000 for a later model?

Help me I'm stuck!

THis was the listing.

Great car, nice paint and body (minor dings, no dents), clean interior, good mechanical condition, low milage for a '96.

It was just smogged and had an oil change. Well maintained (I have maintenance records). Great Tahoe car!

2.5 litre engine 86k miles Winter package (includes heated seats and mirrors) Relatively new all season radial tires (about a year + old) Automatic transmission Tweeter spreaker upgrade Cargo net AWD Power windows Brakes and steering AC Cruise control Fog lights ABS Airbags Keyless entry AM/FM cassette Ruby/Slate Gray

$7,500 OBO

Reply to
ShoulderHigh

Sounds like a good deal to me. Did you check out the prices on

and
? I paid around $17k for my 97 Outback in

Reply to
Jim Untch

My 96 Outback with 92K miles overall has been reliable. However, I did experience the widespread crank seal oil leakage problem around 30K miles ago which was a few hundred $$ to fix. Also, I had an engine electronics problem which resulted in the Check Engine Light being on periodically; it took persistence and a few hundred more $$ on my, the dealer's, and SOA's part to finally fix it. None of these problems ever stranded me.

Reply to
tcassette