Re: Any ideas on replacing the OEM "door window" squeakers on a 2000 OB?

They're Dead, Jim.

> > I've upgraded everything else (main speakers are some decent Kicker > 3-way coax, so do get some mis-aimed highs from there). >

Please do not use "decent" and "coax" in a single sentence: I stopped by a stereoshop a few years back and for the life of me I could not understand why would people buy that crap in the aftermarket. You could CLEARLY hear the difference even outside a dedicated room setup for demoing speakers and I am in no way an audiophile or have anything to do with audio processing and music industry as you could see from lack of posts on hifi groups, etc

Cheap separates are the way to go, just say NO to coaxials

Reply to
AD

Now that you mentioned it I feel so declasse now. Plunging in shame from an upper lower middleclasser right into the lower upper underclasser. Should I also shave my head for being on the bandwagon of people whining 2.0 turbo won't do for US spec STi?

You are so clever in your interpretation of my buck-for-buck coax vs separates match messages. But I do stand corrected: plates + coax is a lazy ass' dream come true.

Reply to
AD

One of the best sounding speakers I ever had was a pair of *CRAIG* CoAx. After spending HOURS listening to all the high end speakers for $59+up (this was in '85) I wound up buying them...for $19.95 a pair!

All depends on what you want to hear. But I like MB Quart...

(German made...)

Reply to
Steampunk

Thanks Steampunk

Is reference line products good enough ? Is formula line the bottom of the food chain but still sounds good enough for uninitiated?

I'm looking at their site but have hard time cutting through the marketing speak

Reply to
AD