Use Impreza cold air intake on Legacy?

Do you know if a cold air intake system for an '95 Impreza will work on my '95 Legacy?

My '95 Subura Legacy has a 2.2 L engine, and I am interested in getting a cold air intake for it. I have seen several reasonably priced versions for '95 Impreza's, but not too many for the Legacy. The Impreza engine is the same as the one used in the '95 Impreza, and based on pictures that I have seen, the layout of the engine, air intake routing, wiring, etc., all appear to be the same too.

Thx, TB.

Reply to
Terry Bygate

I'm trying to do the exact same thing right now with my 95 Subaru Legacy L. This is what I've found. The ebay Cold air intakes (CAI's)that are supposedly for Legacy's don't seem to fit. Several of the bleed air fittings (or whatever you call them) are different. The best solution I've found so far is using a MAF adapter and adding a cone filter to replace the stock air box. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything (at a reasonable price) to replace the plumbing from the MAF to the intake manifold. Here's a link for the adapters I was talking about

I haven't bought one yet. I'm trying to find a less expensive method before I buy it.

If you have any ideas or find a less expensive adapter, please post it! CW

Reply to
Christopher