1993 cadillac deville radiators (help needed)

hello all. i was wondering if someone could help me with a seemingly simple problem. i don't know where to drain the radiator in my deville to take out the coolant and fill it with new stuff. i can't find the plug or stopcock anywhere. on the left side of the car, on the back of the radiator there is a small plastic piece that may be it but it is almost impossible to reach due to position and a large metal outlet above it. i can't understand where it would be but tis is a poor piece of engineering. if someone could let me know what they think, i'd appreciate it.

francisco

Reply to
francisco

It may be easier to remove the lower hose from the rad. than to reach a drain plug. Try from underneath the car. HTH & good luck. sdlomi

Reply to
sdlomi

Lower left corner of the radiator. The drains are sometimes corroded to the point so they can't be removed very easily.

Agreed. Sometimes this is the easiest way.

Reply to
saeengineer