Help: 1988 Cadillac Deville 4.5L - remove cylinder liners

Gentlemen and Ladies,

1988 Cadillac Sedan Deville, 4.5L V8, Automatic

I am in the process of doing a re-ring rebuild with the block in place. I was able to hone the front cylinder bank. But there is not enough room to do the rear bank. I want to pull out the cylinder liners. I tried to pull them by hand to no avail.

Is there a special tool to extract the line from the block?

TIA

Reply to
Bill

Shep

Thanks. I called Cadillac and was amazed that they called me back. They said that there was no tool for that engine. Just carefully pry out the cylinder. I tried and it worked.

I then moved them one at time to the #7 hole becuase that position allowed for easy access with the spring loaded drill hone.

So far so good.

Reply to
Bill