1995 buick century stalling / also need the firing order

I have a 1995 Buick Century with a 3.1 V6 and 73K on the motor. The problem is that if I hit the accelerator quickly while I am driving it gags/hesitates/misfires. If I accelerate slowly/gradually, while driving, it doesn't happen. Also if I hit accelerator quickly in park their is no hesitation. I thought if might be electrical BUT I am starting to believe it might be the fuel pump/oxy sensor...I did replace the fuel filter last year.

Here is what I have done so far:

-new spark plugs

-check and cleaned the EGR valve

-looked for loose wiring connections

-cleaned the throttle body...with TBI cleaner. (which may have turned ALL the spark plugs to a chalk/powed white??).

(none of these actions above made a bit of a difference)

Also Could someone help me verify (link) the firing order of -->

1-2-3-4-5-6 This meaning that from left to right (standing in front of the car) the Back three are 1-2-3...........AND from left to right the fron three 4-5-6.

Thank you for any help that you can give me.....joe.

Reply to
dude

Or: bad plug wires crossed sparkplug wires restricted or shorted injectors faulty/dirty MAF sensor faulty crankshaft position sensor faulty camshaft position sensor faulty crankshaft position sensor (there are two) faulty coolant temp sensor faulty throttle position sensor faulty ignition coil faulty ignition module a broken wire a fretted terminal etc, etc.....

Good.

Correct

Standing in front of the vehicle, looking towards the rear, the rear bank are cylinders 1,3 and 5 from left to right, the front bank are sylinders 2, 4 and 6 from left to right

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Distributor cap and rotor...

The firing order also should be in the cast on the manifold, look for a set of raised numbers.

Mike

dude wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

FIRST.......let me thank everyone for their advice. Here is an update on what I have done today. I had the exhaust (after the cat. converter) and muffler replaced today...but I didn't expect it to affect the car at all. It seemed as though the hesitation I had experienced ALMOST disappeared........it certainly is less pronounced especially when I punch the gas (and I'm not just talking about the rumble that I had with the previously rusted out exhaust pipe.) I can't say that the problem is gone,because I sense a little of it....but the engine is not cutting out when I go up steep hill but something has changed.....and I can't figure out what exactly happened. I don't think the exhaust was plugged up...but I don't know anymore !? But here is the kicker......now that I have a quiet cabin inside....I just noticed that if I take a hard accelerated left turn (not right) turn I get a muffled grinding sound (transaxle/CV JOINT)--. I am missing my honda.

Reply to
dude