1995 Buick Century Interior Lights

I have a ?95 Buick Century with interior lights that will not turn off if the fuse is in (same fuse powers pwr door locks & radio memory that I can tell). I can barely see a difference in dome light intensity when I push the door switches for the back two doors. While, my wife will testify that I can be a bonehead and miss the obvious, I cannot find the door switches for the front two doors to see what, if anything, changes. I wanted to start easy before pulling the dash apart to check the roller switch. Tips? Hints? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
chesehd

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Shep

chesehd wrote in news:1_656063_ snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

most GM vehs. in the mid 90's up to current use switchs in the door latch assys. on front doors...................kjun

Reply to
KjunRaven

"" wrote: > chesehd wrote in > news:1_656063_ > snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com: > > > I have a ?95 Buick Century with interior lights that will > not turn off > > if the fuse is in (same fuse powers pwr door locks & radio > memory that > > I can tell). I can barely see a difference in dome light > intensity > > when I push the door switches for the back two doors. While, > my wife > > will testify that I can be a bonehead and miss the obvious, > I cannot > > find the door switches for the front two doors to see what, > if > > anything, changes. I wanted to start easy before pulling the > dash > > apart to check the roller switch. Tips? Hints? Suggestions? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Ken > > > > most GM vehs. in the mid 90's up to current use switchs in the > door latch > assys. on front doors...................kjun

Sure enough. I wasn?t sure what to expect by your description but figured it out with a little trial and error. Got the problem with the light squared away but a new question has come up since I had the door panels off.

What I am guessing are the two solenoids for the power door locks were so blazing hot to the touch that I burned the you know what out of my knuckles when I brushed up against them. Are they supposed to stay that hot all the time? If not, what should I be looking for? The devices work fine to (un)lock the doors.

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
chesehd