99' Isuzu Rodeo V6 2WD

When I start the vehicle and put it into drive we get a pretty good clunk when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd...and same on the downshift. Anyone else experience this and how to fix it?

Come to think of it, I believe that it also does this kind of loudly when parked and trying to engange it from Reverse to Drive as well.

Could it need a fluid/filter change? Drive shaft regrease? Please help.

Reply to
Freddie

When I start the vehicle and put it into drive we get a pretty good clunk when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd...and same on the downshift. Anyone else experience this and how to fix it?

Come to think of it, I believe that it also does this kind of loudly when parked and trying to engange it from Reverse to Drive as well.

Could it need a fluid/filter change? Drive shaft regrease? Please help.

Reply to
Freddie

Check the universal joints for wear.

Reply to