Anybody Bought a Radiator from radiator.com?

sells an "OEM" radiator for my '94 Camry V6for $130. A Toyota radiator costs $500+. There's such a big pricedifference I worry about the quality. Any experience with these people?

jim

Reply to
jim evans

I bought one for my Toyota truck. The paint isn't as shiny as the original, other than that it looks and works good. Cost $95 vs about $600 from the dealer. They included a t-shirt too.

Chas Hurst

Reply to
Chas Hurst

jim evans wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think dealers in general overcharge for radiators. I got an AC Delco radiator for a 1986 Chevy Astro for less than $100 on the carparts.com website. The various dealers in town quoted prices ranging from $350 to $700. Actually, maybe I paid a little more than $100; I don't remember because it was long ago and the radiator is still working fine. Sorry I don't know anything about the specific radiator you are considering.

Reply to
Daniel Narvaes

I didn't like the fact that they say they include a lifetime warranty on their web site but when they quoted me, they gave me two prices, $94 for a one year warranty, and $114 for a lifetime warranty. This for a Honda Civic. I bought from a competitor for $96 with a lifetime warranty. I'm not mentioning the competitor's name because I'm not entirely pleased with them because they wouldn't give me a coupon price they only give to phone orders, not web orders. Wherever you buy, call them on the phone to be sure you are getting the right radiator, and ask for any coupons or discounts that might be in effect.

I haven't put the radiator in yet, but it looks pretty much like the original. It's a Koyo brand made in Indonesia.

Spudston

Reply to
Spudston

I couldn't resist their price (lower than the local AutoZone) and free shipping for my Chevy S-10 Blazer. The next afternoon the radiator was sitting on my front porch. Teh radiator looked to be an exact substitute for the OEM part. About 40 minutes after I started, it was happily cooling away and I have not had any issue in the several months since it was installed.

Bottom line is that I'd do it again.

Reply to
Frank Rizzo

And IMO, you will be lucky if it lasts a year. Personally, I would not purchase any thirld world country made auto parts if I can help it.

Reply to
Childfree Scott