Auto Trans Low Oil Pressure?

My A4LD demonstrates slow 2-3 shift with slipping as well as delayed reverse, only when warm. It gets worse the hotter it is. When cold it acts just fine, so I suspect low oil pressure. Is there an additive or a different, higher viscous oil available that I could use? Any other advice short of dismantling the transmission?

Michael

Reply to
Michael Hofmann

Sure sounds like it.

Is there an additive or a

Some snake oil like TransX.

Mike, do a pan drop and see what is inside. Also if yer fluid is brown or black the trans may on its way out.

Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR