Bad PCM?

Hi

I have a 95 Regal Custom that has been acting strange. The symptoms include:

[1] High idle and high rpm when in drive. Shut off/restart car appears to fix it (for a while, anyway). [2] Air conditioning/heater/vents turn on and shut off inexplicably. [3] Intermittent problems with turn signals. [4] Tach and speedometer sometimes spring high, with no measurable increase in rpm or speed. [5] Dash lighting fades in and out intermittently.

My very novice impression is that the PCM is gone bad or there is a bad ground or short somewhere that is affecting the PCM. I don't know how these systems are interconnected, though. Do they all run via the PCM?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Friar Donk