how much is 10 lbs of freon r12 worth?

i got a 20 lb cylinder of the stuff and it's about half full. what could i get for it on craigslist these days? thanks

Reply to
fuhgettaboudit02

Well at current prices it is worth about 70 bucks. R-12 has dropped a LOT in the past couple years. I picked up 6 NOS one pound cans last week for under 50 bucks. The demand has dropped off a lot.

Reply to
Steve W.

About 3-5 years and a $50K fine, I'd imagine...

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week, and be sure to tip your waitress!

But seriously, last time I was paying attention, there was word that the price was about to take another jump from the $28/pound it was currently at.

Unfortunately, I *MIGHT* not be joking about the "3-5"... Seems I recall reading someplace that "they" (not sure if it's a state thing, or an EPA thing) are requiring anyone handling the stuff to be licensed, with lack of a license being grounds for some severe penalties.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Was it freon r12 that used to be sold in auto parts stores and department stores years and food stores years ago? I think I still have a small can of freon in my shed in my back yard that I never got around to using.I wouldn't be surpprised if it has all leaked out by now, I think it was back in the 1970s when I bought it. I don't doubt at all it is illegal to ship freon.I think only qualified dealers of freon are allowed to do that. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin