Delco alternator mounting bolt?

anyone know what size the big mounting bolt is for a Delco 12SI alternator? I'm about to leave in an hour or so for the cool hardware store to get a whole mess of stainless bolts for my Stude engine compartment, just realized I don't know what I need for my alternator.

thanks!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

My bet is metric.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

You lose :)

but I mistyped, it's actually a 10SI, so I guess you get partial credit ('cause by then it probably was.) The big mounting bolt is 3/8" coarse,

3" long. Now you know :) The smaller bolt is a 5/16" coarse, about 1" long, although I think I will replace it with a longer one so I can put a nut on the end like the factory Stude setup.

nate

(who will have to wait until next weekend to replace that bolt - you'd think that would have been on the web somewhere)

Reply to
Nate Nagel