AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

Does anybody know how to decipher the date codes on an AC Delco Battery ???. I have checked around on the Web and i get nothing but wrong answers. Does anybody here know how to read the codes? Thankyou Cadillac Deville : The Code for my AC Delco 7 yr 78-7R Professional Battery in my car is ON STICKER = 052C ON The Battery Case = 2BC Serial #098597

Reply to
Captain Crane

Shep

Im looking for my receipt when i bought the battery to see if the date is close to that - If I can find the receipt.... Brian - Las Vegas

Reply to
Captain Crane

Is that the correct way to read the Date codes on Delco and all other Manufactures of Car Batteries ???. also What other batteries do you recommend then Delco ????. Brian Bower - Las Vegas

Reply to
Captain Crane

My Brother just bought a new AC Delco Battery and it Does Not have the Green Eye Battery Indicator on the Battery. Is AC Delco not putting these indicators on the battery anymore ???. If AC Delco has stopped putting the Green Indicator on the Batteries now is their another Brand of Batteries that has the Green Eye indicator on them. If so what Brands ???

Reply to
Captain Crane

Oddly enough my 2003 Honda came with a green-eye type battery from the factory! I think that Delphi sold off their battery making operations to Johnson Controls and that Johnson makes the OEM batteries for Honda. I'm sure they must also sell them under other brands.

I guess you could go to a Honda dealer parts counter :(.

AC-Delco isn't a manufacturer of anything anymore, it is simply the name GM puts on it's aftermarket parts, and they source those parts from whoever wherever. Most AC-Delco filters these days, for example, are made by Champions Labs and are very similar to the STP branded ones Champion sells.

John

Reply to
John Horner

so ac delco does not make their own batteries anymore ??? now i may have to switch brands

Reply to
Captain Crane

"Captain Crane"

Those Green Eye indicators are a waste of time anyway. They only monitor one cell out of 6. Glad to see GM drop them.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I have given up trying to figure out who makes the various AC-Delco aftermarket products.

I do know that GM first spun it's parts manufacturing businesses out to Delphi, but GM corporate kept the rights to the AC-Delco brand names. Then, Delphi sold the battery making operations to Johnson Controls. I suppose that Johnson probably continued to have some supply contracts with GM, but who knows.

Now AC-Delco has multiple product lines which sell through different distribution channels including the "60 Series" and "Professional" lines. It also is not clear what relationship, if any, these product lines have to the batteries installed in new vehicles at the assembly plant.

At the end of the day it is all rather confusing.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Reply to
jgalianojr

$500.00 to check the battery date codes ????? Brian - Las Vegas

Reply to
Brian Bower