Alternator mounting bushings

It's Saturday. One dealer is closed & the other doesn't have any in stock. Anybody know of any alternator mounting bushing substitutes I can use? At least temporarily. Thanks.

Reply to
Murph

What car do you have ? Can you take any measurements and go to a car parts place to see of they have something to fit ? A decent suspension shop may also be able to help you.

AJS

Reply to
AJS

Duh...oh yeah. 940. Sorry for the stupid post.

Reply to
Murph

Order them from IPD

they stock polyurethane ones for about the same cost as the rubber ones at the dealer. One of their older catlalogs had a chart that showed how many of the bushings your car has (as the same bushings were used for A/C and P/S mounting).

Or order them from FCP Groton

they have rubber and polyurethane ones available.. and are cheaper than IPD.

Or order them from RPR

I'm sure Rusty's got them in stock. Rusty's pricing seems to be somewhere in between what you'd pay FCP Groton and what you'd pay IPD.

Or if you absolutely need the Volvo branded part, there are various dealers that do mail order (and will often include a discount), Borton Volvo comes to mind

Some dealers will also give a discount for VCOA members (altho as I've learned, this is not a guarantee that the service will be remotely tolerable).

I often find it hard to justify paying IPD's prices since the quality just isn't there for a lot of things (and the service isn't THAT great from what I can tell).

I like going over to RPR because Rusty is within driving distance (but isn't open weekends), and it's always nice to walk in and be recognized.

Nick over at FCP Groton puts up with my incessant pestering, which I appreciate quite a bit.. plus the prices are nothing short of amazing.

- alex

'85 244 Turbo '84 245 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda