Does Car repair centre check brake pads at time of Tire replacing?

I went to a Chain auto centre with a flat tyre.They suggested changing both front tires.I did so on the same day at same centre.@ weeks later I started hearing squealing sound when braking.I went back to same tire centre.They said my front break need to be replaced. My question should they reccomend replacing the brake pads when they change the tires? Is that commonsense that they have a look at the brakes when changing tires? Or Am I wrong? Please share your thoughts?

Reply to
pegasus1

When you had two new tires put on your car, you probably didnt ask for, nor pay for a brake diagnosis.

As I see it, they did what they were supposed to do. What happened weeks later is not part of the equation.

Now, if they had noticed wear and informed you, that would have been doing you a favor. But tire jockeys seldom do anything except work the tires.

Reply to
<HLS

If you come in with a flat tire, they usually don't go out of their way to check anything else. The guy who fixes flats likely just mounts tires and patches tires and isn't qualified to do anything else. He is probably paid based on how fast he can do it. If you want them to look at the brakes, you should ask for it.

I have encountered two types of places in the chain tire stores: the ones throw the tires on as fast as humanly possible and the ones who make a big show of checking things all over the car and then try to sell you everything possible whether your car needs it or not. All things considered, I prefer the first type.

Reply to
E Meyer

Thank you for your thoughts

Reply to
pegasus1

Okay.

No. They are changing the tires as fast as they can because they are paid to change tires. The kid that changes tires might never even have seen a brake pad before; that's the job of the kid that does brakes.

Probably not, but you should check the brakes during the usual 15,000 mile maintenance. Also check the tires, and whatever else the schedule in the manual says to do.

This is a chain store. Do not expect careful diagnosis or any more actual effort on their part than absolutely necessary. They are specialized to get certain jobs done as quickly as possible and get as many people in and out in as short a time as they can.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

You got what you paid for I'm afraid. The guy changing tires does just that all day long and he does it quickly. Chances are he is not trained to diagnose and repair brakes or suspensions.

Reply to
John S.

There is a guy at a used tire place where I took my old van a few months ago to get another tire put on my spare.He couldn't get the bead to seat.He shot some starting fluid in the tire and then he threw a match at it. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin