"Life-Time" brake pads

Does anyone know if "Life-time" brake pads are a good idea for Honda CR-Vs? Will it affect ABS braking? Does Honda make them or are they an aftermarket product?

Reply to
Nino NoSpam

I plan on replacing mine on my CR-V with Honda pads. Front pads should go

50k. Tom

Reply to
twfsa

stick to oem. they work better, are quieter & fade less. less brake dust & disk erosion too. the "lifetime" warranty excludes expensive stuff like disks, the components that are rapidly worn by this kind of pad, so it's not really a saving.

Reply to
jim beam

Well, in general I'd have to say no. Pads and rotors wear: hard (lifetime) pads can be expected to wear out the disk faster. I'd also hazard a guess that they may not be as efficient as softer pads.

Point is, it depends on your driving style. If you have a heavy brake foot, carry weight or tow something, you need pads that have a higher heat capacity. Whatever your style, you'll have to replace whatever wears out when it wear out: it's part of the joy owning a vehicle.

No set of rotors and pads will last the life of a car, and its unrealistic to expect or want that they should. However, 40-50,000 km on an original set is not uncommon.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS