gas pedal sticks

I have a 1991 Ford Tempo that had good acceleration the first few weeks after I bought it. Now the gas pedal won't go down all the way, unless I use a lot of energy, and even then most times it won't accelerate over

30-40 miles/p. hr. I can manage on the streets but any hilly areas or highway driving is horrible and the car starts to make a very loud, grinding/scratching sound underneath.
Reply to
scorpion1105

This sounds like more than your gas pedal sticking. I wonder if the gear shift lever seems out of position also. You could have a bad subframe mount causing the whole engine and trans to drop. Your minimal description is enough of a safety warning to advise you to have a professional look at it immediately. A quick diagnosis might even be free, but in any case you need one now.

Reply to
Al Bundy