GMC Error codes

I need help. I'm trying to figure out how to get the error codes for my 2001 GMC Sonoma pick up. About 3 weeks ago my father replaced the fuel pump, and since then the "check engine" light has been on. 2 days ago the truck wouldn't start at all, but it had ran fine the past 3 weeks. Of course the truck still will not start, and I need to find out the problem, but I have no way to take it to the auto parts store for their diagnostic. Is there a way that I can run the same type of test here?

DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP!

Reply to
deborah4u77

You will need a code reader or scanner to get codes. Some auto places sell or/and even rent them. You also may need a fuel pressure gauge to do more testing. Is it losing spark or fuel pressure? MT

Reply to
MT-2500

Get some Gumout carb and choke cleaner and squirt it into the throttle body and see if it starts.

Bush

Reply to
Bush

Check for carbon in the EGR too.