How to find the Grand Marquis air bag pump wire to add switch.

Every month or so, my Grand Marquis battery is dead. I hear what sound like the air bag pump trying to run. Use battery cables to start it and she is good for anothe month.

I have gotten Air Bag Suspension warning Light a few times and suspect a leaky 'o' ring. What I would like to do is the add a switch so I can tirn it off when not driving the car (perhaps activating it with the ignition switch).

Any ideas?

BoyntonStu

Reply to
Stu

The air suspension remains active for about 1 hour after parking the car, then turns off. It usually pumps up for a final height adjustment just before it turns off. I do not think your battery problem is caused by the air suspension. How old is you GM? I put new bags in my '95 Vic last spring. The dead giveaway for a leak is ehrn the pump runs often after the initial pump-up.

I hope this is helpful.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

"Paul of Dayton"

It's a '95 GM. Did you use factory or aftermarket air bags? Are you aware of the fact that there is a spring that is made to replace the air bag?

I heard the pump runing way longer that one hour after parking. That is why I deduce that it may be the problem.

BoyntonStu

Reply to
Stu

I got bags from Arnott Industries. They were very helpful when I ordered the parts. Yes, I knew about the springs, but the bags were under $200 for the pair and I like the automatic leveling. Arnott has about every part you could need for the air systems. I'm not sure what part controls the air pump delay, I'll dig thru my papers and manuals and see what I can find. Maybe I can help determine what part is goofy.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton