car colour - how to find out

Hi,

how do I find out what colour paint I need for touching up?

Under the bonnet is a plaque with the following entries

F long number M long number (chassis number?) W number kg B number kg AU number kg DI number kg S DAW

I wrote them down and went into my local independent car shop but none of the numbers on the plaque match any of the codes in the paint catalogue.

I couldn't find any other plaques, maybe I will have to go to a main dealer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Nospam

"Nospam" queries:

Interpreting European VIN codes (does not contain a paint code):

Item #13 on the Vehicle Certification Label on the B pillar door jamb is the paint code on U.S. Fords.

-- Don

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain

Reply to
Don McC

^^^^^^

if this is an EU vehicle the DI you mention should be D1

D = Machine Silver

ford part no. 1320171 - touch up stick or part no. 1307254 - aerosol

hth

Reply to
Gandissy

Thanks, yes machine silver it is - thank you, but it was registered in

2004 so I have a dodge car or is that the date when the colour was introduced.
Reply to
Nospam