Oil Overfill - Woodbury Goodyear Paramount - Minnesota

Interestingly I took my Lexus ES300 for an oil change. Next day white smoke was coming out of the tail pipe. When I called they told me to bring it and said they could replace the head gasket. What a rip off place! You go for a oil change and come out with head gasket replacement ($1200 specially with their shop cleaning or accessory charge of another $100). Thanks to the internet. I spent my night searching on google what could be wrong. Someone mentioned in the discussion thread that they had the similar experience and it is because of the oil overfill. When I checked the oil it was way overfilled. I got so furious and I made them tow the car and do the oil change. Hope I didn't damage the engine too much. I called their main company and complained. THey were so generous that they didn't charge me for the second oil change !!!!. Think about the time I spent and the stress I had. When I shared my story with my friends and colleagues they said they had different bad experiences with this place and they would never go back to this shop. There we go! They lost one more customer. Since I got benefited (saved almost $1500) from someone who shared their overfill experience on the internet I felt it is my responsibility to share my experience of oil overfill and the WOODBURY Goodyear (Paramount) shop. If you want to go there it is your car and your choice. They my sell you their business saying "You get 10 quart oil for the price of 5 quart oil!!"

Reply to
Woodbury resident

Another happy tire chain repair shop customer. Never get references first, just pick a shop on price and you'll be OK. BTW, the 5 "free" quarts of oil you got is just the oil that was never drained out of the engine in the first place. I guess it's better that getting zero quarts of oil for the 5 quart price...

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

And if you are unfortunate enough to have to have others change your oil, always check the stick before leaving the lot.

Reply to
Al Bundy