slight oil overfill

hey '99 4cyl camry....i went from using single quart continers to a 5qt. jug w/ clear viewing window supposed quart marks on the side. the jug says i still have a quart and a half in the bottle but apparently the quart marks on the side are wrong and i slightly overfilled. on the the dip stick i have the the *L* - *F* markings and the owners manual says that the difference between L & F is appx. 0.7 quart. i'm about 1/3 of the L-F over the F mark which i'm thinking is about a pint or less. i've been changing my oil since i've owned the car and even though the owners manual says fir an oil and filter change it takes 3.6 quarts, i regularly put in the 4 quarts, it regularly reads at just over the F mark after an oil change and have never had a problem (car has 145k miles on it)......but now that i'm another pint or less over should i drain off some or just leave it. what could happen and how fast would it happen? i sent my wife off to work w/ the car already so i'd have to wait for her to get home tonight and she'll already have put about 180 miles on the car.

thanks.........

mike...........

Reply to
JerseyMike

Are you on a level surface? If not dip stick would be off. My Toyota and Chrysler dealers are alway overfilling according to the dipstick. THey swear their machines that pump in the oil are accurate. I doubt it makes a difference unless very high and in that case there maybe foaming and extra pressure on the gasket.

Reply to
Art

yes i'm on a level surface. same place as i usually check it, the garage.

Reply to
JerseyMike

I have been putting 4.5 quarts in my Corolla since I bought it. I use 3.5 qts Castrol GTX and 1 qt Marvel mystery oil. The car has 259,000 on it.

However, when I did this with my wife's Honda, the car wouldn't start!

Reply to
hachiroku