300sd oil change overfill?

Changed the oil and filter today, drained it for 30 mins, put 8 qts rotella and now find it is slightly overfilled. About a quarter of an inch higher than dipstick top mark. should I drain a quart or so out? Or leave it alone. Its got 107k miles on it and oil has been regularly changed at proper intervals. thanks in advance. This is the best group on the net IMHO.

Reply to
robrjt

If it's only a quarter of an inch higher, I wouldn't worry about it. I think you'd have to overfill it more than that to have any negative effect. When doing future oil changes, add 7 qts, then start it up, check for leaks, etc, shut it off, wait a few minutes and then recheck and top off.

Reply to
trader4

The engine oil refill is 7.5L, including a new filter.

The risk of a small overfill is an oil belch into the air filter - on hard acceleration, in my experience.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach