Oil Overfill

I added oil to the top of the F instead of the full line. Will this cause a problem? Thanks. Uffda (not Diane)

Reply to
Diane

John Breslin

catch with clean device and you can use the same oil. Of course, you don't have to drain it all, just make sure you do take out a bit more than you need to so that you don't have to do multiple attempts.

Chris

92BB&T

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

According to owner's manual of early Miatas, the oil should be topped to the "F." Does your manual say to top the "full line?" Which year is your car and can you quote your manual? I'm curious now.

I wouldn't bother draining and refilling.

Reply to
Marcio Watanabe

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

One of those drill mounted pumps, with appropriate fittings and a plastic hose that comfortably fits into the dipstick hole is another way of removing excess oil.

Why am I experienced in this? I have an Audi that was serviced for three years by the dealer. For some reason (and they had plenty) these guys were pretty much incapable of filling the oil to the "full" mark. They consistently put in too much. Audi is somewhat obsessed by not overfilling, with warnings everywhere, including the filler cap.

Ken

Reply to
KWS

I used a cheap plastic hand pump from Pep Boys when it happened to me. Worked fine.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Reply to