Power to headlight switch

Hey Guys, This is probably simple but I can't seem to figure it out. My 1980 k20 headlights don't bave power to them. They, the tail lights and horn do not work. The turn, brakes and hazard do. There are two orange wires going to the switch in the same slot (not sure why), but there is no power and tracing these is difficult as they are wrapped in tape with several others. I did change the starter a few weeks ago, but I don't remember if I needed the lights or if that is when the lost power. I have checked the connection at the starter cellinoid(sp?) there is power to where the wire is tapewraped to others, again difficult to track. Is there a fuse or link in this wire? Possibly inside the wrap? Where should this wire inter the cab? Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanks, L.A.

Reply to
L.A.

Check your fuses first. I believe the orange wire goes back to the fuse box.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
N8N

That sounds like you missed hooking one wire back up to the solenoid. The headlight circuit starts right there with a fuse link wire. The fuse links hook onto the solenoid post and run for about 8" before they crimp onto the harness with a fat rubber tube crimp connector.

Mike

"L.A." wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain