Golf Headlight Switch, How to Remove

Anyone know the trick to replace a Headlight switch on a 1996 Golf? There must be an easier way than tearing the dash apart.

Thanks

Reply to
Mark

You ply off the blanking plate to the right or left (depending on left hand drive or right) of it with a screw driver, then you get easier access to pulling out the switch. Unplug the wires behind the switch and there u go. You fitting front fog switch or is it faulty? I need a front fog switch for right hand drive but the parts garage wants $78 and VW want $249 for it :|

Reply to
Joe

Joe, Thanks much. My switch went south so it's a replacement.

Reply to
Mark

haha south, you alienating texas and mexico???

Reply to
Joe