Hate to say this, guys, but...

I really like my '89 626! It is a pretty decent car. I would put it on par with an '89 Camry, but it's just a hair 'sportier' than the Camry was.

And, it appears to be just as well built.

Now, for my particular car, as far as my list of beaters goes, this is definitely the best. It doesn't leak, it doesn't have a lot of bad habit (the steering could be tighter) it's comfortable, it handles pretty well, even with the $25 tires I out on it. So far, it seems to be a decent car!

The only thing I discovered while getting the cooling system ironed out, I chipped a bit of paint off the LH fender and discovered it was red underneath. So, the car's been in an accident, but whoever did the repair did a top notch job. Paint matches, everything is straight, and everything works.

All in all, well worth the $600 total I put into it. Almost too nice to run as a beater!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ever think about retiring and spending more time doing what you really like to do?

Reply to
mark digital©

Not financially secure enough to do this yet...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Why would you hate to say it? There is no contest going on. It's great when someone finds a reliable vehicle. Now if only GM, Ford, and Chrysler would take a hint.....

Reply to
NickySantoro

I had a 90 626. Best car we ever had. Drove great and never had more than a couple minor problems with it in the 150K that I drove it. My sister had one around that same year and drove it for well over 200k. Mazda makes great cars, overall probably not as reliable as Toyotas, but not to shabby. They're also a lot less boring than Toyotas. I had bought two new Rx7s before that, they were great little cars and a blast to drive. problem is now I don't know how many Ford parts they have in them :(

Reply to
ToMh

A '90 626 came from Japan, and probably didn't have a lot of Ford parts. And if your 7's were older than that, they certainly didn't have Ford parts in them!

What years were your 7's?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, this being a Toyota group, and here I am talking about a Mazda. Especially being the Toyota Loyalist that I am.

Reply to
Hachiroku