Recalls

how do I go about recalls, what's been done to a used truck I purchased. I know it had some issues looking around, and first hand experience.

Some known issues Mildew smell Battery drain Faulty washer fluid heater Door handles.

I think the door Hadley issue has been resolved according to car fax.

Greg

g wrote in news:166d0c71-04b3-4f79-a8ec-7a7ea7add235 @e9g2000vbk.googlegroups.com:

Try the Techinfo site of the automaker that made your truck. Some automakers even have an "Ownerlink" site that also gives the recalls.

Reply to
Tegger

I,ll try that. I found mine as listed on some site. What I wanted to know if recalls are given out to customers other than safety recalls. I recal one on a datsun I owned, and thet placed a sticker the hood specifying recall was done.

And are recalls documented for vins.

Greg

Every time I buy a used car (I'll never be rich enough for a new one, even if I hit the Lotto), I simply walk into dealer service department with the VIN, and have them run it through the computer. They have never refused to do it for me, and usually are quite friendly about it. Recalls, service bulletins, secret warranties, etc.

Reply to
aemeijers

d235

Do recalls last indefinitely?

Greg

g wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com:

Safety ones do. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Safety ones do, IIRC. Smog related ones are good till 100k miles or 8 years old, but I could be remembering that one wrong. Secret warranty recalls are all over the map. On an 86 Taurus, I got a free new tailgate due to a secret rust warranty that would have expired a few thousand miles or a couple months later. But the free brake rotors were safety related, and the new cat converter had about 20k miles before I was SOL.

Poor dealer had to do about 2k work on a car they didn't even sell, and I know manufacturer doesn't reimburse them at retail rates.

Reply to
aemeijers