Trouble with 02 Silverado 4.3

A couple of weeks ago after I got home from work (42 miles) I was watching tv and the phone rang, it was my son who said he took my truck 3 blocks to pick up a buddy and now it would not start. The truck has 49K miles and had never missed a beat. I went down and got it going but any attempt to put it in gear killed the engine, it seemed real lean to me. Two hours later it started ok and I drove it home. Next morning I took it to the dealer and in a couple of day they called to say it needed a distributor as the old one had a lot of corrossion in it. I told them to go ahead and it has run fine since then. They also installed a foam tubeing over the AC tube which passes over the distributor. I have heard complaints about this before but don't see how a little drip could cause the thing to fail as it is in the rain all the time. This seems very premature to me and I wonder if anyone else with 4.3 engines has had trouble this way or any other comments. Thanks, RWells

Reply to
Dick Wells