'02 silverado dash lights

All my dash lights are out in my '02 Silverado except the gear indicator. If I turn on my dome light they come on, if I back off the dashlight dimmer so as the dome light barely goes out the dash lights will stay on but if the dimmer rolls a bit too far they go out. In other words if I move the dimmer towards the dome light position and it is going into the dome position but I stop before the actual dome light comes on then the dash lights will work. Also I have a remote starter hooked up and If I start the truck with it and no key is in the ignition then the dash lights work, but when I put the key in and turn they go out. Dealers says change the switch but cannot guarantee it is problem and if not then they will not take back 85 dollar switch once connected. Does this sound like a switch problem? Is the switch itself fixable. Thanks

Reply to
habbi