A Scion in my future?

Drove an '05 tC with almost all the options today, put a deposit on it as soon as I parked it.

NICE!!! I like it! Just a little too quiet for me. I LIKE hearing the engine.

An aftermarket exhaust ought to take care of that! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

What color is your new ride?

Stick?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I wish people wouldn't put those fart horns on their nice new cars. I think they sound stupid. Otherwise how's the ride and what is an 05 used selling for?

Reply to
'dbu"

Silver with some graphic down the side. I was going to have it removed, but if I want I can get rid of it myself.

5 Speed! I only get Autos on 18 year old Supras and Chryslers that are given to me.

I'm trading in my POS van; I was going to fix it ($200 for a motor with

78,000 and $250 for complete brakes) but the windshield cracked a few weeks ago, and that put it over the top. I was going to trade the Chrysler; I was going to try to sell it for $600, and they gave me $600, but it runs well so I'll either keep it for a Winter Beater or trade it to a guy I know with a '94 Grad Voyager AWD; his is two years newer and in MUCH nicer shape than mine, so instead of putting $800 into mine, I'll ask him if he'll take the Chrysler and $800. That way I get rid of two cars and replace them with worthwhile vehicles.

If he doesn't, oh well. I need three cars like I need a hole in the head. I just want to get away from beaters and get something decent!

As an aside, this was interesting: the car I bought lists NEW for something like $17,850. I paid $15,200, but Kelley Blue Book lists this car, with this mileage and this equipment level at $20,350!!!!

How the hell can a USED car be valued MORE than a NEW car?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't use "Fart horns", I put GOOD exhausts on!!! ;)

As far as 'retail, see my above message to Scott. You tell me how this works!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

That sounds really sweet!

My boy is home in his black Corolla S. That looks pretty nice also..

Me? I'll keep the '92 Wagon for awhile (awhile for me is measured in decades...LOL)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Refresh my memory, please. Is that the 180hp version of the Corolla? If so, does it get good fuel economy or did he give up a lot to get the hotter engine?

Reply to
DH

No it is the lessor engine with a 5 speed.

He gets over 40 on the road.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

We'll see what happens. I have a 'nasty' habit of beating Toyota's (Federal) EPA Mileage ratings. I was getting 27 with a 20 year old SOHC 2.4L in my Celica, I should be able to do better with the modern engine management!

Man, that thing FLIES!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The way I take care of my cars, if I lived in FLA away from the salt air, I'd probably have bought my 85 Corolla and then never needed another car!

But, up here with all the salt...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You're thinking of the XRs, with the Celica tuned 1.8L engine. Very rare, if they're even making them anymore. Not a lot of people wanted them, so it was surprising to see one sitting on the lot for weeks at a time.

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! I didn't want a PONTIAC!!!

I was wondering about the sound system. I mentioned to the Salesman that it looks like a normal Double DIN opening, so swapping head units would be easy. He said, it HAS a good stereo (Pioneer...hope they've gotten better than my LAST run-in with them!) and I said I had an MP3 Player, and he pointed to the dash...So Does This!! Ooooohhhhh....so then I brought him over to my Supra and said Listen to THIS and cranked up the MB Quarts with the XM...

Did you swap head units, or is there a way to tap into the Factory radio and add a few 'goodies'... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Florida is funny.

On the West Coast where I live there really isn't a salt air problem. I guess it is the prevailing wind direction.

On the East Coast....cars rot with salt rust.

Lesson? Don't live in Palm Beach County....(for more than one reason!)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Oh, really? What are some of the others?!?!?! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Just go down the East Coast of Florida from Jacksonville to Key West via Miami.

Nassau, Duvall, St. Johns, Flagler, Volusia, Brevard and Dade County on the mainland.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Those are nice little cars. I'm a former CRX Si ('88) owner, and the tC is like the best modern "replacement".

Indeed it would.

Reply to
dizzy

I can't remember if it was the Potenzas or Yokohamas.

Either way zzzzzZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOooooooommmmm!

Reply to
Hachiroku