RAV4 or Element ?

I'm thinking of buying a new Honda Element (with stick shift). This because I want the stick shift. However I am also considering a RAV4 (even though no stick is available). Does anyone here have experience and/or advice with either of these 2 vehicles that would steer me toward the RAV4 ?

Reply to
Ron

Either one is decent. Follow the maintenance and you'll have no problem with either.

Oh, and the Element is UGLY, but if you can get it with a 5-speed...

Reply to
Hachiroku

So you want arguments towards the RAV4, eh? Let me try:

1) The RAV4 is quieter on the road, especially on broken pavement and freeway speeds. I've test driven both back to back. 2) The RAV4 is quicker and handles better. 3) Parts and maintenance are cheaper. For example, you can replace the cabin filter yourself on the RAV4. The CRV requires the dash to be taken apart by the dealer. 4) The RAV4 is standard with an MP3 player and an AUX input. The CRV has an AUX player input only. 5) Auto-off headlights. 6) Better fuel economy. 7) Available with a powerful V6 and 3rd row seating. 8) Available with a moonroof even on the base models. 9) Longer wheelbase and higher ground clearance while having a shorter turning radius. 10) Better long-term reliability.

Would that suffice?

Reply to
.

I had to google pictures of Honda's Element : unknown here in Europe... and it's not really a beauty! What a pity you can't get a RAV4 like mine : six (yes, six) speed gear box linked to a 2.2 lt diesel engine delivering a gorgeous 400 Nm torque at 2000-2600 rev/min. Simply amazing... Regards OM.

"Ron" a écrit dans le message de news: m_RLh.4661$742.891@trndny07...

Reply to
Olmedo Monteverde

The diesels coming to the US soon will not the the city-choking variety common overseas.

Reply to
Bob H