'03 Camry 4 cyl and TSB EG040-04

I have the Camry listed above with 23 K miles and the warranty up next month. I was getting a squeal or chirp noise from the area of the accessory drive belt when the car was started in the morning. After driving to work (approx 13 miles) the noise was gone. It would return after sitting a few hours or when leaving work at the end of the day. Some days I would not here it at all.

I found the TSB on an auto forum for what sounded like the exact problem. I brought the car in to my local Toyota dealer along with a copy of the TSB. Service dept changed the accessory tensioner with the updated one (New part # 16620-28011) and also installed a new belt. All covered under the three year 36 K mile warranty.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Marsillo

Yes, it did fix it.