2002 camry serpentine belt

Hi folks, Need to change on my brothers car. I've searched the posts previous, but I think I'm missing something on the tensioner? When I put the pressure on the "cast hex nut" on tensioner, I can't get any movement. Either way. Is there a nut that needs to be loosened up first? Can't get past this point. Appreciate any help or advice. Thanks.. JJ

Reply to
John J

There isn't anything else to it, so you are missing something here. Two things; make sure you are indeed on the "cast nut" that is part of the tensioner and not on a real nut in place on a stud, and use a big wrench. If I remember correctly I use a 19mm short socket on my ratchet, then I put a two foot pipe on the sucker to get leverage. Pull towards the front of the car, too. Take another look at the thing and post if you need a hand.

Reply to
qslim

"John J" wrote in news:u79mh.41586$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

what engine is in said camry??

Reply to
KjunRaven

Yes, will do.. I had not tried the pipe yet, just a med. sized breaker bar, and a couple of different ratchets. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
John J

Reply to
johngdole

is autozone in all usa canada ?

don;t get me wrong I spent 14 $ us there today and borrow their tools often.

Reply to
wp51dos

Think the Autozone is a US only company. But there are many other auto parts stores that have free loaner tools. I'm not particular to Autozone, just whichever one's got what I need at the lowest price.

I think some Pep Boys started free loaner toos too.

wp51dos wrote:

Reply to
johngdole