'97 Camry - Signal Lights Intermittently Faulty

I get the fast blinking, fast flashing warning light on the dashboard every few months to warn me that the indicator or signal light is blown/malfunctioning, then I get out and bang on the signal light with my fist, and it starts working again. I've opened them up and used a screwdriver to push the contacts closer to the bulb, and that worked, but only for a while. In popping the front light assembly off the car (it's held on by plastic clips, for god's sake!), I managed to break some of the clips. Toyota replaced the light assembly because they knew it wasn't my fault and that the design is shitty.

Currently I'm trying to get my dealership to give me a whole new set of sockets and bulbs, based on the fact that the entire original set are clearly faulty. I've never owned a car before with so many light problems.

Comments?

Reply to
Frog

I have exactly the same problem on my '97. Every couple of months one or other of them has to be taken out and scrubbed with emery cloth and the contacts adjusted. Never seen this on any other car that I have owned and the bulbs on the Camry have not lasted as long as other cars implying that the original bulbs and sockets are crap. As for the way the lights are held in - I'm afraid that it is quite common...

Reply to
default user

Same here. Crappy light sockets on the Camries. This and other problems like the strut mount defect will definitely make me stay away from Toyotas.

default user wrote:

Reply to
Chad