Brake Light

I have a 98 Camry with 57K miles on it. Great car! For the last couple of days, my brake warning light keeps coming on and going off. The brake fluid level is OK. The brakes work fine, no noise when I brake. We had snow last night and the ABS worked pretty good this morning. What can be the cause of brake light coming on and going off? Is it dangerous to drive the car if this happens? Thanks!

Reply to
Rajesh Kapur

Take it to a pro it could be something serious developing.

Reply to
m Ransley

Does it go out if you lift up on the parking brake pedal with your foot?

Reply to
NickySantoro

No it does not switch off if I lift the brake pedal...

Reply to
Rajesh Kapur

Add some fluid..... Even if the level looks O.K. add some. This has worked before, and has been mentioned in this group numerous times. If this doesn't work, the go to plan B.....

Reply to
MJS

This is what I also noticed. The level switch in the brake fluid container seems to have a setpoint, higher than the marks on the container.

Reply to
jan siepelstad