Rear Brake Light out on 98 Camry

98 Camry V6 XLE. 64,000 miles

Left rear brake light does not work when brake pedal is used (and dash indicator shows problem with tail lights). But the same bulb that works the brake light also is the tail light when the headlights are on (the light has higher illumination when the brake pedal is pushed compared to the normal light when headlights are on). The light also seems to work (flashes) when I use the remote keyfob to lock the doors.

I replaced the bulb several times and same problem. It seemed to work for a week and then went bad again.

Is there a fuse just for the brake light (that does not affect tail light using same bulb)?

Anyone have some other ideas?

Reply to
Mark A