Camry V6 - Leather - No Moonroof?

Greetings:

I wish to purchase a new Camry V6 with leather, but without a moonroof. (I need the headroom.) Does the factory make such a model?

Thanks!

Reply to
Len

Hi,

A few years ago, I attempted to order a well-equipped Camry V-6 with no sunroof. The dealer explained to me that they are made with groups of equipment that "most people want". If one wanted alloy wheels and better tires plus leather seats, then one must perforce get a sun roof.I was told that I could special order a vehicle with no sunroof, but that it would cost MORE to get it without a sun roof than with one. I drive a Camry with a sun roof that I have never opened.

Regards,

Morton

Reply to
Mort

Sun Roofs are for short drivers. A sun roof takes approximately one inch of head room. One less inch of head room makes a big difference to a tall person. Several years ago, I was very interested in a beautiful red Toyota Solara. It had a sun roof. I sat down in the seat and my head was touching the sun roof. The seat was adjusted as low as it could go. I told the seller I could not buy his car because of the sun roof. It was a very nice car and a more than reasonable price. Sure hated to let that car get away but I value my neck.

Reply to
Clay

That about sums it up. But besides the problem of losing an inch or so of headroom, air and water leaks, etc. there is the problem that I don't like driving with the sun beating down on me.

For a few weeks one summer, years ago, I drove my aunt's Dodge Dart with the sun roof. About the only time I used it was on balmy nights, and at the drive in movie (this was about 1980) on a hot night. It was nice for that, but otherwise, who needs it?

Now, I like the look of a convertible, but again, I don't like driving with the sun beating down on me. And, with either a sun roof or convert., you have the traffic noise. I prefer the AC and the windows up so I don't have to hear the outside noise!

Regards,

DAve

95 Camry LE
Reply to
spsffan

I haven't seen the moonroofs on the Camry.

Our Avalon has one, however. This moonroof is inset, so you actually gain a little headspace with it. And it has the sliding shade so that there is no sunlight on your head unless you want to open it.

We didnt order it either, but dont object to it. We seldom use it.

Reply to
hls