No reverse and no neutral on 1996 Toyota Camry, more...

Hello. A friend borrowed my Camry for about an hour

When he brought the car back, and I attempted to drive again,

realized the vehicle would no longer go into reverse

Also, it will not go in neutral either so i could not even push it ou

of the parking spot

When in neutral, i can apply gas and the vehicle moves forward

We dragged the vehicle onto the street to test forward gears and wa

able to complete a 10 mile test drive with the vehicle in the D gear. Drov normally from 0-65 MPH on street and highway

When I got home, again no reverse and no neutral

Does anyone know what this could be? Is there a linkage or electrica

solution I could try first before beginning to locate a used trans

This is a 96 Toyota Camry. 2.2L, 4 Cyl. Auto Trans 4DR

Thank you all in advance if you can help. Cahs flow is a little tigh

now so I am trying to avoid buying a new tranny

-Scot

Woodbury, N

Reply to
worldclassink

Shep

The tendency to drive forward in Neutral and the lack of Reverse point to a forward clutch that is not releasing. Since the forward clutch is used in all forward gears, the transmission will operate normally in Drive.

Reply to
John Kunkel