ICBC question '86 Camry

Hi, I have very little optional insurance on my car, so was not expecting any of the much advertised "discount" due to ICBC having made a large profit last year. However, I was NOT expecting my rate to go up! I have not changed anything in my coverage, I have had no speeding tickets of accidents this year, and even though my auto plan broker accidentally removed my $300.00 deductible comprehensive coverage, my rate went up $9.00 per month! In other words, an extra $108.00 for the 12 months, for less coverage! Has anyone else encountered this? Getting answers from ICBC is a pain, and the broker just washed his hands of it, saying that "all I do is key in the numbers, and the computer spits out the total". Needless to say, I'm perplexed. Any help would be welcome. Cheers

Reply to
drw

There's something wrong there. I removed the collision coverage on my '95 Concord this YR and the drop was not as much as expected because my Uninsured Driver coverage became a bit more expensive, but I did get a worthwhile reduction in cost. Compare the details of each YR to see what caused this.

Reply to
Someone HateSpam