Re: Comment on car insurance

Unquestionably Confused found these unused words:

Mike Hunter, wrote the following at or about 6/29/2007 1:54 PM: >> I had Travelers but switched to Geico to save the 15% they advertise. Then >> to Erie to save the 15% they advertise. Then I switched to All State to >> save the 15% they advertise. I figure if I switch enough times, my >> insurance will be free LOL > >Think big, Mike! Don't stop there, keep whittling it down until THEY >pay YOU! > > >If you're >50 it pays to compare the AARP's auto insurance through The >Hartford Insurance Company. I have full coverage on four cars, two of >which are used for business travel and got excellent coverage and >pricing. My old carrier was highly rated and AARP gave me better >coverage for about $900/yr less. Been with them four or five years now. > >I've been fortunate and thus unable to tell you how they handle claims >but with it being The Hartford, I can't foresee any problems.

Have you compared this with Hartford, including their programs for Credit Union or other group membership?

Only problem with UURP is their constant nagging and selling of your information.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

The coverage IS with the Hartford but if you mean their regular lines (non-group plans), I don't recall if they came up or not. My recollection is that they did but were somewhat higher than the AARP plan. I did run it by several agents as well as one of those insurance quote sites and it came out top dog in each case.

Haven't found it to be a problem, especially when I consider the discount on insurance as well as the lodging discounts when traveling.

Regarding your question on the number of cars. I wasn't complaining about the premium. I get the coverage I want/need at the best price I can find. If I choose to have six cars, what's the difference. I NEED three, but I want the fourth (the 'Vette). No problem.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused