93 4-runner

I was driving normally with no problems. Stopped at a red light, and when the light changed to green, pressed on the gas to go. Nothing happened. Was in H2, D. Tried all speeds and reverse. Nothing happened. Finally got the vehicle off the road by using L4. In L4 I have all gears, forward and backwards.

Eventually drive home in L4 D at 20 mph. What could possibly be wrong? Anyone else had a similar problem. Am I look at $$$$$ repairs. thanks in advance

Reply to
phillipadam