Loose Tacoma steering rack

I have a 98 Tacoma 4x4 with 32s and 150,000 miles. I noticed the steering was getting sloppy due to worn bushings. With the truck running I could look underneath at the rack while turning the wheel and see the rack moving up and down a bit. After reading

decided to do the same. Great results! It feels like new again, the steering rack hardly moves at all now. I used the same kit that Peter Parks did in his write up. I just wanted to pass on the info to anyone with high mileage Tacomas. I bought the bushing kit from
and rented a 'front end service kit' from Kragen to get it done.

Reply to
dissembler